Coconut Macadamia Bars Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. Place the butter in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until melted, about 30 seconds. Stir in cracker crumbs and sugar; press firmly onto the bottom of the dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup coconut, milk and nuts; spoon over the crust. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Quickly pour over coconut mixture; spread evenly.
- 4. Toast remaining coconut if desired; sprinkle over the top. Cool on a wire rack; cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 224 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Macadamia Bars
"I made this for a party and everyone loved it. It was super easy."