Since the meat loaves cook so quickly, your microwave will be free to fix sweet Coconut Macadamia Bars shared by Annette Lamle of Columbia City, Indiana. "We found this recipe when working on our son Cody's 4-H microwave cooking project," she notes. "We made different versions of this treat 'til Cody decided which one he and his dad liked best. He ended up receiving Reserve Grand Champion for his efforts."
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Place the butter in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until melted, about 30 seconds. Stir in cracker crumbs and sugar; press firmly onto the bottom of the dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup coconut, milk and nuts; spoon over the crust. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Quickly pour over coconut mixture; spread evenly.
- Toast remaining coconut if desired; sprinkle over the top. Cool on a wire rack; cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Macadamia Bars in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p20
Reviews for Coconut Macadamia Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review