Coconut Loaf Recipe
Mary Ann Dudek suggests a cup of tea when enjoying a slice of this cake-like bread. "It does well at bake sales and is a wonderful gift-particularly for coconut lovers," says the Cleveland, Ohio baker.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in coconut.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 serving (1 each) equals 209 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC