Coconut Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Coconut Loaf(6)
Sort By :
I have seen this recipe many times in various Taste of Home cookbooks and magazines and finally decided to give it a try. I made the recipe exactly as followed and it was way too crumbly. It had good flavor though and the crumbliness did not stop my children from picking at the loaf all day long. Probably won't be making again, but it did have a nice coconut flavor.
I was visiting my daughter and she served
The cake was delicious. It reminds me of
eating a piece of dense wedding cake.
I plan to make a couple of loafs and pass them on to my friends.
Karen Lampkin, Bluffton, SC
Have made this several times. Mine always came out firm, not crumbly. It's so good and a nice change from the usual bread flavors.
This was definitely more of a cake than a bread. In a loaf pan it was hard to cut slices because it was so crumbly. Also, I added a small can of well-drained crushed pineapple and it was good!
I forgot to add to my previous review that I had also made the coconut loaf with some mini chocolate chips and it was also a winner.