- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, bring the rice, water, coconut milk, sugar and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, lime peel, ginger, vinegar and honey; set aside. In a large skillet, saute chicken in canola and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add lime mixture to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut and cilantro. Fluff rice with a fork and serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Coconut-Lime Chicken
"My fiance liked the tangy taste and the rice was great. But WAY too much lime for my taste. If I were to try this again I would use 1/8 cup lime. And I usually let meat simmer in the sauce as I finish putting the meal together; If I had followed your directions more closely, the flavor would not have been so overpowering."
"Next time I will add a whole cup of the coconut milk to the jasmine rice instead of 3/4 cup to equal 2 whole cups of liquid to one cup of rice. That ratio has been working better for me. At first I thought that the lime was overpowering so I added the rest of the can of coconut milk at the very end of cooking. Combined with the creamy rice, it was perfect. We really enjoyed this meal."
"I ran out of lime juice & went ahead making it. It was delicious though. I will make it again WITH lime juice. It is easy to make & dinner ready less than 45 minutes!"