- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, bring the rice, water, coconut milk, sugar and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, lime peel, ginger, vinegar and honey; set aside. In a large skillet, saute chicken in canola and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add lime mixture to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut and cilantro. Fluff rice with a fork and serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Coconut-Lime Chicken
Sort By :
My fiance liked the tangy taste and the rice was great. But WAY too much lime for my taste. If I were to try this again I would use 1/8 cup lime. And I usually let meat simmer in the sauce as I finish putting the meal together; If I had followed your directions more closely, the flavor would not have been so overpowering.
Next time I will add a whole cup of the coconut milk to the jasmine rice instead of 3/4 cup to equal 2 whole cups of liquid to one cup of rice. That ratio has been working better for me. At first I thought that the lime was overpowering so I added the rest of the can of coconut milk at the very end of cooking. Combined with the creamy rice, it was perfect. We really enjoyed this meal.
I ran out of lime juice & went ahead making it. It was delicious though. I will make it again WITH lime juice. It is easy to make & dinner ready less than 45 minutes!