- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir
- in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until
- thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot
- filling into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; gently stir in butter and lemon juice. Cool to room
- temperature without stirring.
- Spread a teaspoonful of filling on the bottom of each solid cookie;
- place coconut topped cookie over lemon filling. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 253 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.