This refreshing dessert was a hit when I brought it to our ladies fellowship meeting at church. Everyone loved the buttery coconut crust, lemony filling and sour cream topping.—Leslie Dickson, Buffalo, WY
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- Place the flour, coconut, butter and confectioners' sugar in a food processor; cover and process until combined. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice and peel just until combined. Pour over crust. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and filling is set.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Coconut-Lemon Cheesecake Dessert in Country Woman February/March 2010, p38
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut-Lemon Cheesecake Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review