Coconut-Layered Pound Cake Recipe
This cake tastes just like an Almond Joy candy bar! If you like coconut, chocolate and almonds, this is the cake for you. And since it comes together in a snap, you can quench that craving quickly! —Linda Nichols, Steubenville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 cup chocolate fudge frosting
- 1. Cut cake horizontally into four layers. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, milk and almonds. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half of the coconut mixture, one cake layer and 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 715 calories, 35 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 93 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC