Coconut-Layered Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 cup chocolate fudge frosting
- Cut cake horizontally into four layers. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, milk and almonds. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half of the coconut mixture, one cake layer and 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Coconut-Layered Pound Cake
Sort By :
"This comes together in minutes, and it is wonderful. Have made it a couple of times now, and everyone loves it. Great in the summertime when you don't want to turn the oven on."
"I used non-frozen pound cake product and did not add chocolate in the middle. Cake was not high enough to allow for 4 layers, 3 works very nicely. I also used the Coco Real product in place of condensed milk and only added nuts to top of cake in case of food allergies. Very easy & delicious!"
"I loved this!! It was easy and yummy! It didn't last the night in the house"
"I made it for my mother in law's birthday, and everyone raved about it! Definately a keeper!"
"Well, I fell for this one. The cake sounded good so I clicked on the site only to find you have to be a subscriber. I used to subsribe to TOH but let the subscription lapse because I could never find a recipe I liked. Guess I'll have to quench the craving!"