Coconut Lace Cookies
Delicate, crisp cookies such as these are a lovely addition to a Christmas cookie platter. Every bite has great coconut flavor.Clara Coulston, Washington Court House, Ohio
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and flour. Stir in
- coconut milk and vanilla. Add coconut and butter; mix well. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drop by scant teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto foil-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until lacy and edges are golden
- brown. Allow cookies to cool completely before carefully removing
- from foil.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.