Chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside, these meringue cookies are delicious. They add a light touch to the cookie platter, not only during the holidays but all year round.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Place egg white in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30
- minutes. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat
- in confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff
- peaks form. Fold in coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a parchment
- paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or
- until firm to the touch. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire
- rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.