Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Toasted flaked coconut, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, salt and milk; cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture begins to boil. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Remove from the heat; let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Strain, discarding coconut. Place milk mixture in a large bowl; add cream, vanilla and remaining coconut. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.
- 3. Transfer to a 2-qt. freezer container. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 373 calories, 27g fat (18g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (29g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Coconut Ice Cream
"way easy...love cocunut and with chocolate sauce tasted like mounds bar"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.