Coconut Ice Cream Torte Recipe
- 18 macaroons, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 26 snack-size Mounds or Almond Joy candy bars
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a microwave, heat hot fudge topping on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; spread over crust. Trim one end from each candy bar; arrange around edge of pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread vanilla ice cream over fudge topping; freeze for 30 minutes.
- 3. Spread strawberry ice cream over vanilla layer; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 13 servings.
1 each: 532 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Coconut Ice Cream Torte
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.