Coconut Ice Cream Torte
Guests will “ooh” and “aah” when you bring in this fabulous ice-cream torte ringed with chocolaty Almond Joy bars. But this is one summer showstopper our Test Kitchen created with busy hostesses in mind. It’s super easy, feeds a crowd and can be made days ahead for convenience.
13 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 18 macaroons, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 26 snack-size Mounds or Almond Joy candy bars
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the
- bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave, heat hot fudge topping on high for 15-20 seconds or
- until pourable; spread over crust. Trim one end from each candy bar;
- arrange around edge of pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread vanilla
- ice cream over fudge topping; freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread strawberry ice cream over vanilla layer; sprinkle with
- almonds. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2
- months. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove
- sides of pan. Yield: 13 servings.
Editor's Note: If Almond Joy candy bars are used, arrange bars with almond side facing inward toward the center of the pan.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 532 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium,