Guests will “ooh” and “aah” when you bring in this fabulous ice-cream torte ringed with chocolaty Almond Joy bars. But this is one summer showstopper our Test Kitchen created with busy hostesses in mind. It’s super easy, feeds a crowd and can be made days ahead for convenience.
Featured In: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- 18 macaroons, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 26 snack-size Mounds or Almond Joy candy bars
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave, heat hot fudge topping on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; spread over crust. Trim one end from each candy bar; arrange around edge of pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Spread vanilla ice cream over fudge topping; freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread strawberry ice cream over vanilla layer; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 13 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Ice Cream Torte in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p50
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Ice Cream Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review