Coconut Ice Cream Squares Recipe
In Valles Mines, Missouri, Trudy Vincent uses cereal, coconut and pecans to create a crunchy top and bottum crust for this fun ice cream dessert. "This is great to have in the freezer when unexpected guests arrive and you don't have time to bake," she writes.
- 3-1/2 cups crushed Cinnamon Life cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a bowl, combine the cereal, coconut, brown sugar and pecans. Drizzle with butter; stir until combined. Press half into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Carefully spread with ice cream. Sprinkle with remaining cereal mixture; gently press down. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Ice Cream Squares in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p59
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Ice Cream Squares(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2011
I've been making this for years and it is always a summertime winner!