Coconut Granola Bars Recipe
"These quick-to-fix bars are wholesome and delicious," assures Maria Cade of Fort Rock, Oregon. "I sometimes make them for bake sales."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to peanut butter mixture and stir to coat. Press into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 150 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC