"These quick-to-fix bars are wholesome and delicious," assures Maria Cade of Fort Rock, Oregon. "I sometimes make them for bake sales."
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to peanut butter mixture and stir to coat. Press into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Granola Bars in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p54
Reviews for Coconut Granola Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review