- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to peanut butter mixture and stir to coat. Press into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Granola Bars
Sort By :
Really good and super easy. I also placed the whole thing in one 9x13. Next time I will sub honey for the corn syrup.
Everyone loves these bars! My son is nut-allergic, so I made it with a pb substitute (from sunflower seeds) and it was a hit! Instead of two 13x9 pans, I made it in one 15x11 and they were perfect. I would recommend cutting them while still warm because the crunchy texture once they're cool would make it more difficult.
I also added the cranberries, puff cereal, and double the coconut. My teenagers want them all the time and I rarely get one to myself.