Coconut Graham Cracker Squares Recipe
These bar cookies travel well and feed a lot of people at potlucks and family reunions. Kids especially like their rich flavor.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, milk and eggs. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in coconut, nuts and cracker crumbs.
- 2. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 12 whole crackers. Spread with the coconut mixture. Top with remaining crackers; press down gently. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Break each cracker into four portions; spread with frosting. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC