Coconut Graham Cracker Squares Recipe
These bar cookies travel well and feed a lot of people at potlucks and family reunions. Kids especially like their rich flavor.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, milk and eggs. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in coconut, nuts and cracker crumbs.
- 2. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 12 whole crackers. Spread with the coconut mixture. Top with remaining crackers; press down gently. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Break each cracker into four portions; spread with frosting. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 179 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Graham Cracker Squares
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2014
"These are great. People kept telling me:"I need this recipe!""These are amazing!""
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC