- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, milk and eggs. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in coconut, nuts and cracker crumbs.
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 12 whole crackers. Spread with the coconut mixture. Top with remaining crackers; press down gently. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Break each cracker into four portions; spread with frosting. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Graham Cracker Squares in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p88
Reviews for Coconut Graham Cracker Squares(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review