These bar cookies travel well and feed a lot of people at potlucks and family reunions. Kids especially like their rich flavor.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, milk and eggs. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in coconut, nuts and cracker crumbs.
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 12 whole crackers. Spread with the coconut mixture. Top with remaining crackers; press down gently. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Break each cracker into four portions; spread with frosting. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Graham Cracker Squares in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p88
Reviews for Coconut Graham Cracker Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2014
"These are great. People kept telling me:"I need this recipe!""These are amazing!""