Coconut Graham Bars
My mom called these bars 'Out of this World bars'. The richness goes over well at any get-together.—Patty Van Zyl, Hospers, Iowa
54 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake
- at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine coconut and milk; spread over warm crust. Bake for 12-15
- minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream and butter. Bring
- to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Spread
- over coconut layer. Cool before cutting. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 123 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium,