Coconut Graham Bars Recipe
My mom called these bars 'Out of this World bars'. The richness goes over well at any get-together.—Patty Van Zyl, Hospers, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:54 servings
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Combine coconut and milk; spread over warm crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cream and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Spread over coconut layer. Cool before cutting. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 bar equals 123 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC