Coconut-Glazed Orange Scones Recipe
Guaranteed to brighten up gloomy winter afternoons, these treats offer refreshing tropical flair with the flavors of orange and coconut. An easy glaze completes the light scones with sweet results.
- 3-3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plus 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, 1 cup milk and orange peel; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- 2. Roll into a 14-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Using a floured pizza cutter, cut widthwise into 2-in. strips, then cut diagonally into 2-in. strips, forming diamond shapes. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
- 4. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, coconut extract and enough remaining milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over scones. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 scone equals 165 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Coconut-Glazed Orange Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC