Coconut Fruitcake Cookies
Brimming with candied fruit, coconut and pecans, these sweet morsels resemble fruitcakes. My grandmother would bake and serve the cookies in decorated miniature paper or foil muffin liners, and I have carried on the tradition.
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 3 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/4 cups chopped candied cherries
- 1-1/4 cups chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in milk.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until brown. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Let stand for 24 hours in an airtight container at room temperature
- before serving. Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 151 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.