These amazing individual tarts look so pretty and whimsical—they're the perfect finale for a spring luncheon or shower. Feel free to vary the fruits and berries to your preference.
Recommended: 22 Best Summer Pies
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peel and sliced
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup each fresh raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix with a fork until blended. Shape dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into six portions. Press each portion into a greased 4-1/2-in. tart pan. bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls into each cooled tart shell. Arrange fruit over filling. Sprinkle with coconut. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Fruit Tarts in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2010, p68
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Coconut Fruit Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review