- egg white. Beat in the buttermilk, water and vanilla. Combine the
- flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to batter just until
- Fill foil- or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 375° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar,
- marshmallow creme and egg yolk. Cook and stir over medium heat until
- thickened, about 15 minutes (do not boil). Remove from the heat;
- stir in vanilla. Fold in coconut and pecans. Cool completely at room
- temperature. Frost cupcakes.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 229 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.