- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg and egg white. Beat in the buttermilk, water and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to batter just until moistened.
- Fill foil- or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, marshmallow creme and egg yolk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 15 minutes (do not boil). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Fold in coconut and pecans. Cool completely at room temperature. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut-Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p48
Reviews for Coconut-Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2014
"Good love so goood"