Coconut French Toast
Coated with coconut, these special slices are from Charlotte Baillargeon of Hinsdale, Massachusetts.
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 slices day-old bread
- 1 package (7 ounces) flaked coconut
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk, sugar and cinnamon. Add bread,
- a few slices at a time; let soak for 1 minute on each side. Coat
- both sides with coconut. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 475° for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and
- cooked through. Serve with syrup. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 435 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 371 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.