This Coconut Flan recipe features the fruit twice—first, with splashes of GOYA® Coconut Milk and, again, with smooth GOYA® Cream of Coconut. Our Coconut Flan is so cool and silky, you’ll think you’re in the tropics.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Total Time: 1 hour 30 min., plus cooling time
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup GOYA® Cream of Coconut
- 1 cup GOYA® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) GOYA® Coconut Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon GOYA® Vanilla Extract
- Heat oven to 325°F. In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat,
- bring sugar and ½ cup water to a boil, stirring until the sugar
- dissolves. Using a wet pastry brush, wipe off any sugar that sticks
- to the sides of the pan. Cook, without stirring, swirling the pan,
- until the syrup turns golden brown, about 10 minutes. Carefully pour
- the hot caramel into eight 4 oz. ramekins; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk, beat the eggs until completely
- combined. Whisk in the cream of coconut, condensed milk, coconut
- milk and vanilla until smooth. Divide the egg mixture evenly among
- Place ramekins in a shallow baking dish and place in the middle rack
- of the oven. Pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the sides
- of the ramekins; cover with aluminum foil. Bake until the Flan is
- set but still wiggly in the center, 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Using tongs, carefully remove the ramekins from the water. Transfer
- to refrigerator to cool completely.
- When ready to serve, gently run butter knife around edges and invert