- blended. In a small bowl, combine water and buttermilk; set aside.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add
- to the sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating
- well after each addition. Stir in pecans.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 8-in. fluted tube
- pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter to within 1/2 in. of
- edges; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without confectioners' sugar)equals 481 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.