Coconut Egg Nests
Looking for an Easter activity that kids will enjoy assembling and eating? Try these sweet spring treats from Tonya Hamrick of Wallace, West Virginia. They're a snap to make and call for just a few ingredients.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 36 jelly beans
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir in food coloring
- until blended. Add coconut. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper
- into 12 mounds. Make an indentation in the center of each with the
- end of a wooden spoon handle. Fill each with three jelly beans. Let
- stand until set. Yield: 1 dozen.