We enjoy giving friends a gift of the festive candy each holiday season. With such limited time, I can rely on this recipe, which is quick and easy.Diane Rathburn, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Divide coconut between two bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl
- and green to the other; toss to coat.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt candy coating. Drop by
- tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. While coating is still warm,
- sprinkle half of each drop with pink coconut and the other half with
- green; press down gently. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 1-1/4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 220 calories, 13 g fat (12 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.