Coconut Drops Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. Divide coconut between two bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl and green to the other; toss to coat.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt candy coating. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. While coating is still warm, sprinkle half of each drop with pink coconut and the other half with green; press down gently. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
1 each: 220 calories, 13g fat (12g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Coconut Drops
"It was certainly quick to make, but thought it tasted too sweet. My boyfriend, who loves coconut, was not a big fan of this recipe."