We enjoy giving friends a gift of the festive candy each holiday season. With such limited time, I can rely on this recipe, which is quick and easy.—Diane Rathburn, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
Recommended: Top 25 Food Gift Recipes
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Divide coconut between two bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl and green to the other; toss to coat.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt candy coating. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. While coating is still warm, sprinkle half of each drop with pink coconut and the other half with green; press down gently. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Coconut Drops in Country Woman November/December 1999, p35
Reviews for Coconut Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2014
"It was certainly quick to make, but thought it tasted too sweet. My boyfriend, who loves coconut, was not a big fan of this recipe."