Coconut Custard Pudding
"Here's an easy dessert that my whole family loves," says Wilma Lincoln from Grinnell, Iowa. "I use an artificial sweetener when I make it for diabetic dinner guests and pretty it up with a sprinkle of nutmeg."
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and salt until blended. In a
- large saucepan, heat milk to simmering. Gradually whisk into egg
- mixture. Stir in extracts. Pour into ten 8-oz. custard cups.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place cups in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Add 1 in. of hot water
- to the pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until
- a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove cups to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 165 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.