- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and salt until blended. In a large saucepan, heat milk to simmering. Gradually whisk into egg mixture. Stir in extracts. Pour into ten 8-oz. custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place cups in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Add 1 in. of hot water to the pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove cups to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Custard Pudding in Country Woman September/October 2003, p41
Reviews for Coconut Custard Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2011
"I have not tried this recipe, but was disapointed to see that there was no cocoanut, but only cocoanut extract."