I've been a vegetarian since high school, so modifying recipes to fit my meatless requirements is a challenge I enjoy. This soup tastes rich and creamy and is packed with nutrients! —Carissa Sumner, Washington, Washington DC
Featured In: 40 Recipes for Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 medium potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- Lime wedges, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery and carrots; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and turmeric; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth, coconut milk, potato and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until potato is tender. Meanwhile, heat rice according to package directions.
- Stir rice into soup. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016 , p23
Reviews for Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review