Coconut Curry Shrimp Recipe
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- Lime wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 tablespoons coconut milk mixture until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the red pepper, onions and remaining coconut milk mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add shrimp and cilantro; heat through. Serve with rice and lime wedges. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice): 256 calories, 13g fat (10g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Coconut Curry Shrimp
"Delicious, easy to prepare, and beautiful! I used 1/2 lb. shrimp for the two of us, otherwise prepared the dish as directed. Next time I may increase the curry powder and sugar."
"Very tasty for a quick and easy meal"
"Made exactly as stated & it was WONDERFUL!Thank you for another keeper!!"
"Did not have fish sauce or cilantro but still was delicious"
"Nice flavor! I used coconut oil to stir fry the shrimp and added some chopped tomato. Yum!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.