Coconut Curry Shrimp
Here’s a shrimp dish with sweet coconut milk, complemented by the spiciness of curry. Jasmine rice makes a fragrant bed for the sumptuous stir-fry.—Cindy Romberg, Mississauga, Ontario
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a large
- skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- mixture until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the red pepper, onions and remaining coconut milk mixture to pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables
- are crisp-tender. Add shrimp and cilantro; heat through. Serve with
- rice and lime wedges. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 841 mg sodium,