Here’s a shrimp dish with sweet coconut milk, complemented by the spiciness of curry. Jasmine rice makes a fragrant bed for the sumptuous stir-fry.—Cindy Romberg, Mississauga, Ontario
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- Lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 tablespoons coconut milk mixture until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the red pepper, onions and remaining coconut milk mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add shrimp and cilantro; heat through. Serve with rice and lime wedges. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Curry Shrimp in Country Woman February/March 2012, p38
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Coconut Curry Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review