Coconut-Curry Popcorn Seasoning
The sweet-salty combination is really great on snacks. Sprinkle this seasoning over buttered popcorn for a fantastic snack.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT FOR POPCORN:
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) butter-flavored microwave popcorn
- Place coconut in a food processor; cover and process until finely
- chopped. Add the sugar, curry powder and salt; cover and process
- until blended. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Yield: 4 batches (1/2 cup total).
- To prepare popcorn: Pop popcorn according to package directions.
- Immediately sprinkle with 2 tablespoons seasoning; shake to coat.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 teaspoon equals 45 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.