- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Raisins, flaked coconut and chopped unsalted peanuts, optional
- Place potatoes and onion in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, curry, garlic, bouillon, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice; sprinkle with green onions. Garnish with raisins, coconut and peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Coconut Curry Chicken
Sort By :
"This was great. I did add the whole can of coconut milk for extra sauce and 1 extra tsp. of curry powder. I will be making this again."
"Excellent! Fine balance between the spices and the coconut milk. Loved the flavor. It was a smashing success at home."
"Love this recipe! Only thing I changed was that I cubed the chicken after browning it and putting it in the crockpot for taste throughout. Also, I found that I had to double the coconut sauce ingredients to have enough. I will definitely make this again... the flavor is a real wow and would certainly impress dinner guests. I garnished with raisins, green onions and crushed peanuts and the plate looked like it came from a restaurant kitchen!"
"Surprisingly this was sort of bland. I could taste the curry, but we all had to add salt to our plate. Would have been really bland without the nuts and almonds. This needed something. Maybe more salt upfront or maybe some cayenne."
"I made this for dinner tonight. It was DELISH!!! I only used two chicken breasts and the full sauce recipe. I also used Sweet Potatoes and it was very good. I didn't use the crock pot because mine is too large. I cooked it in the oven at 250 for 2 1/2 hrs and it was perfect. We did sprinkle it with coconut and raisins and it was the perfect touch. Will definitely make this again! Thank you for a great recipe."