Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Raisins, flaked coconut and chopped unsalted peanuts, optional
- Place potatoes and onion in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, curry, garlic, bouillon, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice; sprinkle with green onions. Garnish with raisins, coconut and peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Coconut Curry Chicken(27)
Sort By :
Surprisingly this was sort of bland. I could taste the curry, but we all had to add salt to our plate. Would have been really bland without the nuts and almonds. This needed something. Maybe more salt upfront or maybe some cayenne.
I made this for dinner tonight. It was DELISH!!! I only used two chicken breasts and the full sauce recipe. I also used Sweet Potatoes and it was very good. I didn't use the crock pot because mine is too large. I cooked it in the oven at 250 for 2 1/2 hrs and it was perfect. We did sprinkle it with coconut and raisins and it was the perfect touch. Will definitely make this again! Thank you for a great recipe.
My husband thought the potatoes were apples the first time I made this, so ever since I've left out the potatoes and put in chopped apples and sweet potatoes. Very tasty!
I love this one. I do it all the time for my husband. I substitute the peanuts for cashews sometimes and is delicious. Great and easy to make.
I wish I knew more about cooking so I would have been able to make more sauce and the shaved coconut was the only coconut I could taste. I enjoyed the raisins on top.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Curry >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Indian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >