- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Raisins, flaked coconut and chopped unsalted peanuts, optional
- Place potatoes and onion in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, curry, garlic, bouillon, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice; sprinkle with green onions. Garnish with raisins, coconut and peanuts if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Coconut Curry Chicken
"It was just ok, I probably won't make it again.4 months later-for some reason I decided to give this another shot-still not that great. It looks really good in the picture but don't let it fool ya."
"Delicious - but I doubled the sauce part as there was not enough liquid.I halved the amount of curry powder as 4 tsp was too hot for me."
"Very full of flavor. I will make this again but will more then likely double for leftovers."
"I doubled the sauce part of the recipe using the entire can on coconut milk, used carrots instead of potatoes and I added baby corn. I cubed the chicken before putting it in the crock pot. I also added cilantro to the toppings. Everyone enjoyed the meal and put it on the serve again list."
"I followed this recipe exactly and crock potted it for 4.5 hours. It didn't look ANYTHING like the picture and had an odd taste. There was something off putting about serving potatoes over rice. Nothing to salvage here, so it went down the sink. First failed ToH recipe."