- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) coconut milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup red curry paste
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) thin rice noodles
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- Fresh basil and cilantro leaves
- In a Dutch oven, bring coconut milk to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3 cups. Stir in curry paste until completely dissolved.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Add broth, brown sugar, fish sauce and garlic salt to curry mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Drain noodles; divide among six large soup bowls. Ladle soup over noodles; top servings with vegetables, basil and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
"Super yummy. Husband was very excited I made this...tasty and delicious on a cold fall night. I could stand a little more spice and perhaps some crushed peanuts on top. Will make again for sure!"
"We love this soup!"
"This soup was delicious! The cooking down of the coconut milk yielded very rich flavor. I also added a bag of frozen Asian vegetables (found at Costco) and about 1 tbsp of fresh grated ginger. The family loved it and there wer no leftovers. This would also be great with shrimp. Thank you Monnie for this wonderful recipe."
"I've made this soup several times for my family and they love it!"