- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 1/3 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and oil. In another shallow bowl, mix coconut, bread crumbs, sesame seeds and salt. Dip turkey in egg mixture, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; spritz turkey with cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve turkey with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Coconut-Crusted Turkey Strips
"Yum! Made these with chicken, and used barbecue sauce instead of the plum sauce. It was great, and I'll make them for parties in the future."
"We tried this once and it is now one of my husbands all-time favorites. I have a hard time finding plum sauce, so I stock up when I can find it. We try to keep most of the ingredients on hand. The sauce is unique, but compliments the turkey strips very nicely."
"Absolutely delicious. The toasted coconut makes the chicken so tasty and the sauce is unique, but delicious!"
"I made several modification based on what I had on hand. I used pork tenderloin instead and I also used mango chutney instead of plum sauce and I omitted the mustard and sesame seeds. Really good even with all my changes!"