My granddaughter shared these baked turkey strips with me. With a plum dipping sauce, they're just the thing for a light supper. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and oil. In another shallow bowl, mix coconut, bread crumbs, sesame seeds and salt. Dip turkey in egg mixture, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; spritz turkey with cooking spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve turkey with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Coconut-Crusted Turkey Strips in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p57
Reviews for Coconut-Crusted Turkey Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review