Coconut Crunch Delight
I tasted this light dessert 7 years ago at a potluck and got the recipe from my mom's dear friend. I've made it dozens of times since for my family and friends, who go wild over it. This is a terrific way to end a heavy meal.
-Debby Chiorino, Pt. Hueneme, CA
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2-2/3 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; press lightly
- into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes to
- form coarse crumbs. Cool.
- Divide crumb mixture in half; press half into the same baking pan. In
- a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2
- minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in whipped topping; spoon over the crust. Top with remaining
- crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fresh
- strawberries if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.