- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2-2/3 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; press lightly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes to form coarse crumbs. Cool.
- Divide crumb mixture in half; press half into the same baking pan. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in whipped topping; spoon over the crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Crunch Delight
Sort By :
"I made this for a BBQ I hosted last night and it was fantastic! I was looking for a cool and creamy dessert for a hot day, and this was perfect. Everyone enjoyed this! This recipe is perfectly titled, too. The crunch and coconut factors are just right!!"
"We love this. I have made it for years."
"This was very good. If I make it again I would cut the pudding and whip cream amounts in half and use a 8 x 8 pan for more coconut crunch."
"Have made it many times and it is a real winner. Very, very easy and many recipe requests."
"I made this for my pinochle group and they loved it. I did it a little differently and it turned out great. I put some coconut crunch in a goblet, added the pudding mixture and topped it with more of the coconut crunch. Theywere very pretty and made a great dessert. I've given out the recipe whenever I serve it to anyone."