I tasted this light dessert 7 years ago at a potluck and got the recipe from my mom's dear friend. I've made it dozens of times since for my family and friends, who go wild over it. This is a terrific way to end a heavy meal. -Debby Chiorino, Pt. Hueneme, CA
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2-2/3 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; press lightly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes to form coarse crumbs. Cool.
- Divide crumb mixture in half; press half into the same baking pan. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in whipped topping; spoon over the crust. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Crunch Delight in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p37
Reviews for Coconut Crunch Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review