Coconut Crunch Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe
I'm a fan of coconut and bread pudding, so I thought, 'Why not combine them?" I was thrilled with the outcome. The recipe is especially good for holidays and gatherings because it travels well and is just delicious at room temperature. —Devon Delaney, Westport, Connecticut
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 12 miniature croissants, split
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups cream of coconut
- 1-1/3 cups whole milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with softened butter. Arrange croissant bottoms in the dish; sprinkle with half of the apricots and coconut. Layer with croissant tops and remaining apricots and coconut.
- In a large saucepan, combine cream of coconut and milk. Cook over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot milk mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Slowly ladle egg mixture over coconut. Let stand for 10-15 minutes or until croissants are softened.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with nuts. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Croissant Bread Pudding in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p151
Reviews for Coconut Crunch Croissant Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review