- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Crunch Cookies
"So good, we love these...different, tasty...just like an almond joy in a delicious cookie. I used slivered almonds and left them chunky, wow. Yummo. I am editing this review...I added these to my xmas cookie platter and people went crazy for them. Just as easy as a drop choc chip cookie to make, but the taste is like nothing people have experienced. Another winner!"
"I didn't use almond extract or almonds since a few of us can't eat nuts but they were soooo good! Tasted like a Mounds bar."
"These cookies are soooo good!"
"These are pretty good but the almond extract is too overpowering. Next time I will cut the almond extract in half so to better balance the different flavors."
"My new favorite cookie!"
"Bland & the almond extract a tad over powering with smell"
"Really loved these cookies! They are a bit expensive to make, but well worth it!"
"DELICIOUS! Simple to make and oh-so-good. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips because that's what I keep in my pantry. My husband agreed that this was definitely a keeper!"