These sweet drop cookies are loaded with coconut and chocolate chips. Their crisp edges and soft centers add up to a perfect cookie.—Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Crunch Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p60
Reviews for Coconut Crunch Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review