Coconut Creme Chocolates Recipe
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2-2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (5 ounces), chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, mix marshmallow creme, coconut, vanilla and salt until blended. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- 2. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip coconut balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 piece: 91 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Creme Chocolates
"Very good. I used dark chocolate and sprinkled toasted almonds on the top."
"Awesome and easy recipe. Family and co-workers always asking me to make them at gatherings!!!"
"My mom made these last week. My kids loved them! So good. I think they would be good with an almond tucked in the middle."