Coconut Creme Chocolates Recipe
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (5 ounces), chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, mix marshmallow creme, coconut, vanilla and salt until blended. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- 2. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip coconut balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 piece equals 91 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Creme Chocolates
"These were good, but a little too sweet for me. I made them again, dipped then in dark chocolate and sprinkled the top with chopped pecans while the chocolate was wet, so much better, for us anyway"
"Awesome and easy recipe. Family and co-workers always asking me to make them at gatherings!!!"
"My mom made these last week. My kids loved them! So good. I think they would be good with an almond tucked in the middle."