Coconut Creme Chocolates
I've been married 49 years and have three children and lots of grandchildren. I've cooked a lot of meals! I make these treats special for my grandchildren. —Dolores Wilder, Texas City, Texas
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (5 ounces), chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, mix marshmallow creme, coconut, vanilla and salt
- until blended. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking
- sheet. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip
- coconut balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed
- paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 91 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.