I've been married 49 years and have three children and lots of grandchildren. I've cooked a lot of meals! I make these treats special for my grandchildren. —Dolores Wilder, Texas City, Texas
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (5 ounces), chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, mix marshmallow creme, coconut, vanilla and salt until blended. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip coconut balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Creme Chocolates in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews for Coconut Creme Chocolates
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2015
"Awesome and easy recipe. Family and co-workers always asking me to make them at gatherings!!!"
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2014
"My mom made these last week. My kids loved them! So good. I think they would be good with an almond tucked in the middle."